Mizutani USA / Motik, Inc. guarantees sharpening that is why we send it back to the factory to be sharpened by the person who in addition is a professional sharpener but also knows how to make scissors.
Why Factory Sharpening is important
Every single factory such as Hikari, Mack, etc. has their own degree of the angle on each individual blade – we refer to it as “Factory Angled Blade.” Therefore, factory sharpening is recommended to preserve the longevity of Mizutani scissors. Only factory-authorized sharpeners know the specific degree of every angle in the blade allowing them to remove a minimum amount of steel.
If you would like to have your scissors sharpened by Mizutani factory please follow the steps below
- We only sharpen Mizutani scissors.
- We charge $30 for factory sharpening plus $10 for shipping and handling per scissors.
- Download and fill out the FACTORY SHARPENING REQUEST FORM.
- Ship your scissors to the following address: Mizutani USA / Motik, Inc. - Sharpening Services 1450 Sutter Street Suite 428 San Francisco, CA 94109
- Make sure to include a check made payable to Motik Inc. in the amount of $40.
- Make sure to include the “FACTORY SHARPENING REQUEST FORM”.
- Make sure to include your business card.
How to ship your scissors
- Put a rubber band around the tip of the scissors.
- Wrap the scissors in a paper towel, tissue paper, bubble wrap or plastic wrap for extra protection.
- Place the scissors in a padded envelope or a sturdy box.
Time frame on factory sharpening
As soon as we receive the scissors we ship them directly to Mizutani factory located in Chiba, Japan. We ship the scissors via USPS Express Mail Services which can take up to 5 days. Once the scissors are sharpened they are sent back to us which can take up to 7 days. We approximate it takes 2-3 weeks for the entire process.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Factory Sharpening Service.
Mizutani USA / Motik, Inc. 1450 Sutter Street #428 San Francisco, CA 94109 Phone: 415-307-4062